TERMS AND CONDITIONS TO BECOME MEMBER OF MIEA
- I wish to become a member of the MIGRANT INVESTOR & ENTREPRENEUR ASSOCIATION (MIEA) LIMITED, described as MIEA.
- I agree to be bound by code of conduct of MIEA provided to me together with this application form, as amended from time to time and to pay the annual membership fee.
- I agree to maintain the absolute confidentiality of any information about MIEA.
Members and information shared (including potential investment opportunities) that I may have access to which are not generally available to and known by the public. I acknowledge that a breach of the confidentiality may result in my immediate removal as a member of MIEA and my liability for all losses, damages, costs and expenses that may occur as a result of unauthorised disclosure or misuse of confidential information on the part of myself or any of my representatives.
- When part of a meeting is held under the ‘Chatham House Rule’, the aim is to allow speakers to openly discuss their views in private while allowing the topic and nature of the debate to be made public and contribute to a broader conversation. Where this applies, members are free to use the information received, but neither the identity nor the affiliation of the speaker(s), nor that of any other member, may be revealed.
- I accept I am solely responsible for all my decisions (including investment decisions, and buying of any goods and services) both as to the suitability of the investment/goods/services provided and the amount to be invested/spent. Any action I take through information obtained through MIEA is at my own risk and discretion.
- I agree that MIEA and its members/partners/sponsors will have no responsibility for the accuracy, completeness or merits of any information presented, shared on any subject, or the success or failure of any action, investment, or spending decision made by me.
- I accept that no member of MIEA and its members/partners/sponsors bears any responsibility to provide and share information about any subject to another member.
- I waive the right to sue or bring any action of any sort against MIEA and its members/partners/sponsors in relation to any MIEA activity, including information and experience sharing, investment meetings/events and presentations, training activity or any activity generated/initiated between MIEA members.
- Risk Declarations:
- I declare that there are no legal reasons that would ban me from being a member of the MIEA.
- I confirm that no past, current or future activities taken by me will stand the MIEA in disrepute and if so I agree that my membership may be immediately terminated at the discretion of the MIEA board.